The Riverside Sports Commission generates leads, organizes site visits, coordinates venue/site inspections, and leads the request for proposal/bid process to attract sports competitions to Riverside.
The Riverside Sports Commission plays an important role in helping sports organizations with their pre-event planning and event co-production. In this way, the RSC acts as an extension of the sports organization itself.
Services may include:
- Securing competition venues and acting as the liaison/mediator between event organizers and venue owners/managers
- Obtaining estimates for services and equipment, contracting with suppliers, coordinating timelines, and overseeing the installation and removal of equipment
- Planning and managing event transportation and parking
- Obtaining competitive rates and room blocks at Riverside hotels
- Designing hotel information sheets to post online or to distribute to event participants
- Assisting with referrals and/or helping coordinate supplemental events, such as sports banquets, team dinners and award ceremonies
- Providing VIP welcome amenities for coaches/officials and welcome bags for athletes
- Providing discount coupons and fundraising opportunities in partnership with local restaurants
- Securing public officials to officially “kick-off” events and welcome visitors
MARKETING ASSISTANCE INCLUDES:
Special Olympics BBQ at the Riverside Fairmont Park, July 22, 2015. (Eric Reed/Riverside Convention Center & Visitors Bureau)
The Riverside Sports Commission partners with clients to coordinate local public relations efforts by announcing sports competitions at local meetings and events, generating press releases and working with the media to cover the events. Additionally, the team posts events on Riverside’s community calendar, and submits event logos for placement on the City of Riverside’s electronic billboards, including on the 91 Freeway, capturing the attention of 250,000 daily drivers.