A recreational bikeway and trail from the San Bernardino Mountains to the Pacific Ocean was first envisioned over 100 years ago. In 1955, the idea of a Santa Ana River Trail and Parkway was formalized. Since that time sections of the 110 mile trail have been completed and the trail currently serves the needs of recreational bicyclists, equestrians and even provides an opportunity to use alternative means of transportation for some commuters.
Riverside County Trailheads include:
- Hidden Valley Wildlife Area: 11401 Arlington Avenue — Riverside.
- Mary Tyo Equestrian Trailhead: Southeast corner of Ridgeview Avenue and Limonite Avenue — Riverside.
- Martha McLean/Anza Narrows: 5759 Jurupa Avenue — Riverside.
- Rancho Jurupa Park: 4800 Crestmore Road — Riverside.
- Fairmount Park: 2601 Fairmont Blvd. — Riverside.
- Carlson Dog Park: 4700 Buena Vista Avenue — Riverside
Location: 3936 Chestnut Street Riverside Parks & Recreation Department
Riverside, California 92501